Information if considered as “bits” or “Qubits” contains no information, this is a reality.
10 reasons why Existing Information Theory, EIT though applied in Classical and Quantum can never solve the data deluge problem.
(1) EIT discretizes nature, losing most of its information; user sees what it wants to see, not what the system is, then imagine a theory, try to rebuild the natural system by adjusting that imagination and glorify the equation that fits the observation.
(2) EIT rejects nature’s original information structure, consolidates a faith that everything that happens in nature is an output of a series of events happening one after another. Nature is not sequential, not a circuit, adding many parallel lines do not mimic nature’s information structure.
(3) EIT isolates the concept information and structure, as if information is a property of a structure.
(4) EIT endorses information as universal truth. Though Quantum information theory explores the phase space, sensed information is always considered as real and factual truth. Note that phase is always unseen part in an information.
(5) EIT practices intelligence as mysterious real function: match output and input by any means, out-of-blue senseless functions are endorsed as key to nature (e.g. cancer cell growth = radioactivity).
(6) EIT believes hierarchical processing means connection between logic-less mysterious functions: “deep learning” means keeping several mysterious layers between input and output, none makes sense, but better fits observation.
(7) EIT believes randomness leads to creativity: creating something new does not mean making an unpredictable choice, use of randomness fools human sense.
(8) EIT endorses imagination of every single outcome and encodes solution: Self-taught software (STS) is a mere extrapolation of outcomes; extrapolation is not prediction.
(9) EIT believes in making decision by reduction of choices:
(10) EIT believes speed and amount of resources can solve data deluge & everything: The quest for better computing is faster speed and more memory/power.